Saturday 11 October 2008

The Interim Workouts

I haven't been able to start a proper program for a while because of my move, so I've been slapping some stuff together. To give you an idea..

#1.
Weighted pull ups - 6 sets x 3 reps
Rest ~90s

Circuit (4 sets):
Step ups 10 reps/side
BW Dips 20 reps
Swiss ball crunches 12
Reverse crunches 6

#2.
Back squat 3 sets x 5 reps
Pistol squat 3 sets x 8-10 reps
Alternating plank 60s
Rest 120s 

Unilateral flat DB press 3 sets x 10 reps
Diamond push ups 3 sets x 15 reps
Dynamic Side bridges 3 sets x 15 reps/side

#3.
Rowing ergometer Tabata
5 min warmup
20s hard
10s easy
Repeat 8 times

Rest 5 mins

Repeat again.

#4.
Box jumps
Depth jumps (focus on plantar flexion - or pushing off with my toes)
Jump lunges

#5.
HIIT sprints:
60m sprint
walk back to starting line
Repeat 8-10x

Few notes:
I lifted heavy; I omitted isolation work since my major focus was just to keep muscle; I threw in some speed work here and there lest I turn into a turtle; I kept it simple.

No comments: